We understand that choosing a school for your child is one of the important decisions you will make, so we go above and beyond to ensure that our admissions process is as clear and hassle-free as possible.
As a globally-focused school, we welcome applicants from across the globe. Admissions to classes however, depend upon current vacancies.
How to begin your child’s journey…?
The Primus Private School is an inclusive school. Our vision for Inclusive Education is that we achieve excellence together by all students receiving the support they need to meaningfully belong to their school and wider community, feel valued for their contributions, engage purposefully in learning and experience academic, cultural, social and emotional success in a common learning environment.
We welcome students of all abilities, nationalities and religion who will benefit from the rigorous academic, personal and social programs we offer. We are proud of our visible commitment to diversity and international mindedness.
At The Primus Private School, we welcome children with a range of learning preferences, including Students of Determination. Our staff is committed to educating all students in a common learning environment with similar-aged peers. At our school diversity is made visible as a strength, respectful relationships are continually enhanced and all children fully participate in learning through adjustments and teaching strategies tailored to meet the diverse range of learners reflected in wider society.
Parents are advised to share full details of any special educational needs, individual education plans (IEPs) and any Educational Psychologist, Pediatric, or other specialist reports (e.g., Speech and Language or Occupational Therapy) if available. Sharing educational history with the Primus Private School, prior to a place being offered is essential so that the staff can ensure an appropriate assessment of educational need, educational plan and resources. Admission is not conditional on the submission of a medical diagnosis and we have effective transition processes in place for all children.
We admit students in line with the KHDA regulations and the PRIMUS admission policy. Enquiries regarding the school can be made via on line enquiry form which can be accessed through school web site or by contacting the school directly. The Registrar is available to arrange for personalized tours and to answer any individual queries regarding admissions.
Registrar will assist parents with the completion of all paperwork for registration. Admission is granted provided that the registration process is complete and is within KHDA cut off dates
When considering placing a child, we consider the information provided by the child, parents, evidence from the previous school (school reports), the placement test, performance in CAT 4 and any other relevant information provided.
Admission will be confirmed subject to approval by the KHDA.No provisional admission will be granted. Documents required for registration are as follows:
- 2 copies of your child’s passport with visa page.
- A copy of both parent’s / legal guardian’s passports with visa page
- A copy of Emirates ID for child and both parents
- 6 recent passport photographs
- Copies of your child’s last school report for all children entering Year 1 and above;
- Transfer certificate: see below;
- Full details of any special educational needs, individual education plans (IEPs) and any Educational Psychologist’s or other therapists’ reports available. It is essential that all educational history is presented prior to a place being offered;
- 2 copies of your child’s birth certificate (residents of some countries must produce an attested copy);
- Full details of all vaccinations and immunizations for your child;
Every student is required by the KHDA law to produce a transfer certificate from their last school. This is strictly enforced and failure to produce a properly completed certificate, or a legally binding undertaking to produce all the necessary documentation, will result in your child’s place being withdrawn. Please discuss your child’s transfer certificate requirements with the Registrar as your country of origin and last school is taken into consideration.
The Certificate must be on official school letterhead and must contain the following information:
- Full name of the child
- Date of enrolment in the school
- Child’s date of birth
- Date the child left the school
- Grade / Class on leaving the school
- School stamp and signature of the Principal
- Curriculum used
Original Transfer Certificate/ School Leaving Certificate of the school last attended, in English/ Arabic, should be attested as per the guidelines given below:
- For students coming from Emirates other than Dubai, the Transfer Certificate should be attested by the Ministry of education of that Emirate
- For students coming from Gulf countries other than Oman, The Transfer Certificate should be attested by the Ministry of Education, The Ministry of Foreign affairs and by the UAE Embassy located in that
- For students coming from Oman, the Transfer certificate should be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the UAE Embassy located in that
FOR STUDENTS COMING FROM INDIA:
The Transfer Certificate should be attested by the Education Officer of the Zone / District / Area, from where the TC has been
- For students coming from CBSE/ICSE Boards the certificate should be attested by concerned Regional
- The Transfer Certificate should be attested by UAE Embassy, Delhi or UAE Consulate Mumbai.
- The seal and signature of the Education Officer/Regional officer has to be attested by the Indian
- Consulate in Dubai and Foreign Affairs Ministry in UAE.
- Final admission to the school is approved by the principal as well as KHDA and is subject to signing the Parent – School Contract.